Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Great Outdoors

The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.
(Psalms 24.1 TNIV)

Today felt like the first day of fall around here. Crisp clean air and a beautiful blue, cloudless sky that just beckoned me to get out there and see it. So I grabbed my Ipod and hit the sidewalk for what turned out to be an hour long stroll around the neighborhoods. I couldn't get over how beautiful God's creation was, and how I so often overlook the simple beauty all around me while I'm going from one 'thing' to another. It's easy to miss the forest for the trees, and to loose sight of things that are important when we can only hear the squeaky wheel. I pray that I can slow down enough to talk and listen to my Lord, not just at the start or end of my day, but in everything I do during the day that He gives me.


Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. (Psalms 46.10 TNIV)

No comments: